St. Paul – Spring Metro Indian Education Gathering
March 20 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm CDTFree
Join us for the Spring Metro American Indian Education Gathering hosted at the Minnesota Humanities Center. Anyone connected to American Indian Education and/or American Indian students are welcome to attend. Lunch will be served potluck style. A main dish will be provided. Please register so we can plan accordingly and bring a side dish or dessert to share!
Our tentative agenda is:
- Updates from Dr. Jane Harstad, Office of the American Indian Education (MDE).
- An open discussion on how American Indian Education programs can help support one another.
Other suggested topics include:
- Spending down budgets
- What did your district do for Indigenous Day last October?
- Sharing ideas for next October
- Sharing ideas about Cultural Activities to engage students and parents
If you have a topic you would like to add to the agenda please contact Robin Nelson at email@example.com.
About the Fall Metro Indian Education Gathering
The Metro Indian Education Gathering is a group of urban American Indian Educators that come together on a regular basis, 2-3 times a year to share ideas and discuss challenges while celebrating successes. We create a space for networking and access to people who can help navigate the rules and regulations governing American Indian Education programs. This group has been meeting since January 2013 but COVID discontinued our meetings. The group relaunched last year at the Minnesota Indian Education Association Conference on April 19, 2023 and had a Fall Gathering on September 26,2023.
Registration Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org